Extensively illustrated in B/W with photographs, drawings, prints and maps. 48p.
Topics include an historical overview, the reconstruction of the fort that began in 1891 and the features of the fort.
Sutter’s Fort was a 19th-century agricultural and trade colony in the Mexican Alta California province. It was built in 1839 and originally called New Helvetia by its builder John Sutter.